:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, January 17, 2003 ::

Greetings from Taiwan! This post is made possible by my cousin, who has kindly allowed me to use her computer to access the internet. Well, it was a long flight to get here, but I made it, and I'm having a blast. I left Boston on Wednesday morning, but when I got to Taiwan it was already Thursday evening local time. I had spent a total of, I think, 24 hours travelling. Quite a journey. Well, I spent all of yesterday travelling, but today I was able to get out a little more. This morning, I went shopping in downtown Hsin-Chu, where I am staying with my grandparents on my mother's side. Some of the guys' clothes are very interesting because Taiwan is going through a unisex fashion trend (so all clothes look semi-feminine). Then, this afternoon, I went to Taiwan's biggest theme park, which is located a convenient 30 minutes away. I thought this was the best non-Disney theme park I have ever visited. It had thrilling rides on the scale of Six Flags, but its theming and quality was on-par with Disney theme parks. There was this one ride that was just like the Indiana Jones Adventure at Disneyland. We rode in jeeps over rough terrain through creepy mummy caverns and menacing mythical creatures. More adventures await tomorrow as I spend more time with my cousins, who are very friendly. I never realized how unfortunate it is to not have a single cousin who lives in the same country as you.

:: SL 4:58 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?