:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, January 28, 2003 ::

So it was a long flight... Taipei to Osaka to Detroit to Boston. A total of around 20 or so hours. I miss Taiwan already. The tropical weather was so nice, and it was brilliant to see actual leaves on the trees! Ah, who knows when I shall return. Tomorrow is the first day of second semester. Harvard has a neat thing where during the first week of the semester, students can visit all the classes in which they have interest. They can pick up a syllabus, check to see if the professor is acceptable, and preview the homework load during the week. Then, at the end of this "shopping period," students sign up for the classes they want to take. Thus, tomorrow is the first day of shopping period, and I am looking at Biology, Calculus, Psychology, Chemistry, and another Linguistics class. Pick four out of the five above. What's frightening is that these are all broad, intensive, introductory courses. Sigh. I have been spoiled by my two weeks of non-work. Well, we'll see how shopping period goes.

I feel that I neglected to talk about my last days in Taiwan, so here goes: My aunt took me to Taroko Gorge, which is like a tropical equivalent of Yosemite in Taiwan. It was stunningly beautiful with its waterfalls, foliage, and wildlife. I saw a Taiwanese monkey in the trees! It was kinda cute. I also visited two of my grandma's five sisters, as well as my grandpa's sister. It's good to see family again. The next day, I had to get up at 5 in the morning to make it to my flight. We had to drive an hour to get to the airport, but security wasn't as bad as it was last year, when they made every single passenger open his or her luggage for inspection. It was sad to say goodbye to my family in Taiwan. I hope to see them once again soon.

:: SL 8:01 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?