:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, February 16, 2003 ::

It was another frigid day today; the temperatures this week have been the lowest it's been in ten years! I'm glad that Mother Nature has decided to welcome the first winter of my four-year stay here on the East Coast with the coldest winter in a decade. Actually, frigid doesn't even begin to describe it. I'm walking down the street and I actually feel my face going numb. I have to smile/frown to give my face some movement to keep it from freezing over. I was calling on my cell phone outside, and my fingers were exposed to the biting wind; after about five minutes, my fingers were numb and had a hard feeling to it. The skin had turned rigid and extremely dried out. I couldn't move my fingers at all. I went back inside and moved my fingers around, and it took several minutes to regain feeling. In the mornings, some people go outside with damp hair, and it quickly becomes frozen. I now go outside bundled in my snow jacket, beanie, gloves, and scarf. It's suppose to snow tomorrow (there's a huge snowstorm moving its way up the East Coast from Washington DC), so that means the temperatures will go up. Thank goodness.

Today, I went to a comp meeting for The Crimson, which is the daily newspaper of the college. I hope to begin writing for the paper this semester. I had planned to do so last semester, but things got in the way. This time, I hope to complete my comp (I have to write 10 news stories, 2 feature stories, and one in-depth investigative report) this semester.

:: SL 12:47 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?