:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, February 15, 2003 ::

Now that I have recovered from my cold, I have resumed my exercise routine. It was good to go back to the gym to run. I really felt as if I had accomplished something by the end.

Today, my friend and I went to see the movie Daredevil. I was a bit wary because all the reviews I had read were negative, but my friend, who is obsessed with superheroes, insisted that I go with her. I was completely blown away by the film. It was great entertainment, despite the fact that we went to see it at a theater in downtown Boston at night, so it cost $10, and we couldn't even movie hop because they were aggressively checking tickets. Believe it or not, this was the first movie I had seen since winter vacation! This was also the most I've ever paid to see a movie.

We went to the North End (the Italian district in Boston) to have some delicious gourmet pre-movie pastries, and then we headed to the movie theater. Daredevil was great. It reminded me strongly of Spider-Man; there were many moments when I thought, "Oh, this is just like Spider-Man." There was a romantic kissing in the rain scene, a random jumping off of tall buildings in New York City, a superhero avenging a close family member's death, etc, etc. Plus, there's Ben Affleck in red leather, as well as Colin Farrell, except he has a hideous tattoo on his forehead. The special effects were nice, and there were some good lines, though many were kind of inane: "That light you see is not heaven... It's the C train." It seemed to be a summer blockbuster film, so it was unusual to see it in the middle of February. But overall, I recommend the movie to anyone who liked Spider-Man, the film that defined my summer of 2002. Perhaps I will go back and watch this movie again. Everyone go see Daredevil!

:: SL 10:52 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?