:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, February 03, 2003 ::

Well, I went to exercise for the second day in a row. I actually enjoy exercising now! There's something about the entire room full of other people exercising that seems to motivate me even more. If I make this a daily routine, I will be in excellent health in no-time. I also really like the facilities, which are clean, modern, and high-tech.

Today began common casting for the spring productions of all the drama groups on campus. Common casting is where every student actor within a three-mile radius of our school (which ends up totalling to trillions of auditioners) goes and tries out for every single play that they find interest in. There was no preparation necessary... You just go in and read some lines and sing a few scales and then they'll do callbacks next week. I went to try out for the musical "Chess" (which was written by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus of ABBA fame). One song in the musical is called "I Know Him So Well," and it was covered by the now-defunct British pop quintet Steps for an ABBA tribute album. I also tried out for a newly-written farce called "Farce of Habit." I have come to enjoy farces ever since Claptrap, which was a most hilarious and unforgettable experience. The last play for which I auditioned was "Dybbuk," which is based on an ancient Jewish tale. I hadn't planned to audition for it, but one of the producers came up to me and asked me if I wanted to audition, so I thought, "Why not?" and tried out for it. I will be going back to try out for some more plays (common casting goes on all this week). I just hope I make it to at least one callback; the callbacks will be announced this weekend.

I still need to see the movie Chicago! I've heard such great things about it. I will need to set aside time to go see it this weekend.

:: SL 9:42 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?