:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, February 07, 2003 ::

Wow, it really snowed hard today. The snow has piled up on the ground, and everything is covered in white. I've never seen it snow so much and so heavily. Good thing that there are people who drive little bulldozers that scrape the snow off the sidewalks. Otherwise, we would all sink into the snow.

Despite the excessive snow, today has been a wonderful day. I woke up with a really sore throat (which had begun last night); I really thought I had caught something, and I was like, "Noooo!!!" because I don't want to get sick (well, who does?). But by the end of this afternoon, specifically after I had gone to the Malkin Athletic Center (the MAC) to exercise, I felt much better.

I then waited in line to get tickets for, and subsequently went to see, the performance of the Harlem Boys Choir, which had come to visit Harvard for the week. The boys of the choir had stayed in the school's dorms, sat in on some classes, and rehearsed with some of the musical groups on campus. Tonight, they performed to a sold-out theater. They were absolutely amazing. The production team and orchestra really did a good job building up to the choir's first notes with lights and dramatic music. The Harlem Boys Choir truly was incredible. Their voices blended perfectly in harmony and sounded so rich and full together. In addition, their vocal ranges stretched from the lowest to the highest notes, so even though there were only boys, their talented voices made them sound like a complete chorus of men and women. The founder of the group also spoke a little, and then the choir performed some numbers with some of the a capella groups on campus, and then they performed some more songs by themselves, this time adding spectacular and lively choreography. It all looked like a production number from a huge Broadway production, with tap dancers, flashy costumes, and sweeping dance moves. It was worth the two-hour wait for tickets.

Following the performance, there was a reception, where they served the most delicious catered desserts I have ever had the pleasure of tasting. I really am a huge fan of those little desserts that they only serve at exclusive parties... desserts like little fruit tarts, key-lime tarts, chocolate-dipped strawberries, miniature cannoli, cinnamon bars, lemon bars, brownies, cookies, and fresh fruit. They had all these and more on the tables. At the reception, I also got to have an extended conversation with my crush from Canada, who is so eloquent with a hot Canadian accent and well-read, too. Dreamy! This delightful ending made my day wonderful, and now I am off to bed.

:: SL 10:58 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?