:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, March 03, 2003 ::

Augh. Chemistry: that horrible class that has a tendency to crush one's soul. But after chemistry, I had a fairly free day, until I had to study for my math midterm tomorrow. When will it all end???

I had stayed up late last night, so I took a nap this afternoon. Then Jordan and I went to dinner. Afterwards, we went to the Redline Restaurant to hear Marc Abrahams, the founder of the Ig Nobel Awards, speak. He shared many humorous anecdotes of scientific studies whose results "cannot or should not be reproduced." For example, one study looked at the spread of gonorrhea through inflatable sex dolls. Another discussed the effects of falling coconuts. He also talked about the development of the awards show, which is held every year at Harvard University and is most irreverent. It was a most interesting talk. Learn more about the Ig Nobel Awards here:
http://www.improb.com/

Later, I attended a Crimson comp meeting. Then I had a long talk with some friends from home and from across the hall.

:: SL 11:51 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?