:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, March 11, 2003 ::

I had a midterm in my Vietnam War class today. Blech. It wasn't too pleasant. I also had a chemistry lab, but my group finished early (we completed the two-hour lab in one hour), so I actually got to have lunch! I then went to hear famed intellectual and founder of modern linguistics Noam Chomsky speak about biolinguistics. The lecture was quite fascinating. I hadn't seen someone special in a long time, so we talked for a while at dinner. There was a fun party study break for our proctor, who finally finished his thesis and is now the "doctor proctor." We had lots of cake and sparkling apple cider and crackers and cheese. Then I went to the library and spent the rest of the night trying to study for my psychology midterm tomorrow. The hell of midterms is almost over. I'm pretty much ready for spring break right about now.

An annoying thing at this school is the concept of "blocking." It's where you have to get together in groups of eight, and this group is the group of people you will be guaranteed to live with in the same dorm. Needless to say, there is always high drama, as people as forced to decide who their seven best friends are. Unfortunately, this process has not been too pleasant for me, and thus I am still trying to work out a blocking group. It's quite aggravating that they force us to sort all this out in the middle of midterms. As if we didn't have enough things to worry about already.

:: SL 11:12 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?