:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, March 27, 2003 ::

I spent most of work today on the copy desk, where I got to do a lot of copy editing and design my own entertainment page! It was fun to be nitpicky once again and to do a page layout. Two of my editors/supervisors also took me out to lunch with another reporter, so we went to the new Golden Gong Chinese restaurant where the old Carl’s Jr. used to be. The food was good. I ordered the sweet and sour chicken lunch special. After work, I walked to downtown SLO, where I hung out at Barnes and Nobles. Lo and behold, I ran into Jessi, so we decided to go to the red tent to taunt the Aryan bear (it has blue eyes and semi-blonde fur). I thoroughly enjoyed watching the city of San Luis Obispo’s subtle yet undeniable assertion of white supremacy dance a jig and “hug” young children. Tee hee… Surely I jest.

Anyways, Jessi and I went to Starbucks to wait for Katie to be done, and Jessi drank nearly all of her beverage there in 15 minutes. I was thoroughly impressed, even though Jessi reassured me that she usually gets a larger sized drink, so that’s why it seemed like she finished so quickly. I had my dinner there after I yoinked a plastic fork from a random food stand. I contributed to horrible stereotypes by eating Chinese takeout (from my lunch earlier in the day) from one of those Chinese takeout boxes. I should have used chopsticks to get the whole effect, but ‘twas the best I could do. Then, we met up with Frankie and Noah and Katie at the red tent at 8:30. The creepy monkey music guy was turning the crank, and with the dancing bear earlier the whole scene was rather reminiscent of a really bad carnival, or better yet, a circus. Send in the clowns! The Downtown Association had some fliers on a table, but it was a little windy, so I had to pick up the fliers. I did this out of love of the environment, not of the Downtown Association. I commented that I should receive double pay for helping the Downtown Association control its fliers as well as helping the sanitation department for helping to clean the streets. Then we walked around randomly as Frankie and Noah shameless promoted their television show. We ran into Sharilyn and her family, and her brother was staring at me in a frightening manner. Finally, we decided we should go see a movie, so we picked View from the Top. Jessi and I bought Jamba Juice, and I rediscovered the gustatory pleasures of Mango A-Go-Go.

We waited in Barnes and Nobles for the movie to start, and we had Solo Stix in a random aisle. It was all fun, until an employee “nicely” told us to move. And come to think of it, she was being very nice. She could have kicked us out, but she advised us to move to the café section so we could still eat our food. We finally went to the movie, which started at 10. It had a slow start that wasn’t funny, so I complained, but the movie took a turn for the better, and I thoroughly enjoyed the rest of the movie. I love movies about people overcoming difficulties and achieving their dreams through hard work and perseverance. It was funny, too, because Mike Myers was in it. Gwenyth Paltrow did a good job also.

Well, the wonderful Thursday night of Farmers Market came to an end as I bummed a ride from Katie (thank you!), and I got home and went to sleep. That was such a long post... I'll try to keep it to a minimum next time.

:: SL 11:57 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?