:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, April 03, 2003 ::

I went to my Vietnam War history class this morning, and then I went to my calculus class. After lunch, I started working on my chemistry problem set. Soon, it was dinnertime. So I had dinner with some acquaintances I had never dined with. It was quite pleasant. I then worked on some more chemistry and at 8 p.m. went to a TCS (Taiwanese Cultural Society) meeting where we made these delicious Taiwanese baked goods called Egg Custard Tarts. They're kind of like flan baked in a pastry shell. Very sweet in a flaky crust. It's always been my favorite Taiwanese baked good, so it was fun to make them. The recipe is as follows.

Ingredients:
Mini-Tart shells (flaky pastry)
3 eggs
1 cup milk
1/4 cup of white sugar

Directions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Mix the eggs, milk, and white sugar together. Stir well.
3. Pour the mixture into the individual tart shells to about 4/5 full.
4. Bake for 10-20 minutes until lightly browned.

(No, I'm not turning my blog into MarthaStewart.com.)

Then, I went to a soiree held by The Crimson for compers (people working towards getting onto the staff). We all dressed up nicely for the "semi-formal" occasion. They served wine and cheese and crackers. I had cheese and crackers. It wasn't too bad. Then it was back to finish up chemistry.

:: SL 11:53 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?