:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, October 06, 2003 ::

I just read an article about McDonald's wanting to make its Chicken McNuggets out of all white meat, and now I really want to eat Chicken McNuggets. Sadly, or maybe fortunately, there are no McDonald's restaurants around here.

Well it was a super late night last night, so I slept in rather late. It was nice because I didn't have class until 1 p.m. because my morning class didn't meet today. I went to two classes, and then I visited the Office of Career Services for the first time to look up some information. I then took a nap because I was tired.

This evening, I discovered the magic of Seussical the Musical! It's a Broadway musical based on the books of Dr. Seuss. The tunes are very catchy and poptastic, and the lyrics capture wonderfully the whimsical nature of Dr. Seuss's rhymes. Sadly, the musical closed soon after because of lackluster reviews. Apparently it's because the story just didn't work very well, but supposedly the writers have fixed this problem, and Seussical is currently doing well in its current national tour.

I visited my friends Alex and Alex, and they helped me try to get my wireless internet to work, but alas that did not happen, as it turns out that my computer does not have a wireless card. We were in the "G-Spot," our tower's common room with a big-screen TV, and people were watching the Red Sox game. Apparently it was a big deal that the Red Sox won, but I don't really follow baseball or even sports in general, so it didn't mean that much to me. The people here are crazy about the Red Sox baseball team, and everyone was abuzz that they had won.

Tonight, on the eve of the historic California gubernatorial recall election, I got caught up on the news and then had a lengthy chat on the phone with my sister, with whom I tried to impart some advice about high school and colleges. Sigh. I remember the turmoil of my junior year in high school. It seems like just yesterday.

:: SL 2:36 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?