:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, October 04, 2003 ::

I refuse to be disenfranchised! Thus, I woke up "early" this morning, which means before noon, and went to the post office to mail my sample ballot with my vote, which the Office of the Clerk-Recorder will transfer onto a real ballot, since the absentee ballot I requested never arrived in the mail! So I found out what I could do, and now my vote will count in this heavily important election on Tuesday, October 7.

As I walked back from the post office, I stopped by Tower Records to browse through some CDs. When I returned to Leverett, I passed by my mailbox, and there it was: My absentee ballot. Curses! True to the word of the lady at the Office of the Clerk-Recorder, the postmark was for September 23. I can't believe it took so long for this ballot to get here. Well, I had to discard this new ballot because voting twice in the same election is a crime, and I had just voted by mailing the sample ballot.

Today, I decided to go into Boston to go shopping. I ended up on Newbury Street, which is this super-long street downtown that is super-posh and super-upscale. I can't believe today was the first time I explored Newbury street, since it is such a big tourist attraction. There were a lot of stores, and the buildings were absolutely beautiful. The gardens and trees in front of the buildings really gave the street a promenade feel to it. I found the Virgin Megastore here in Boston, and I looked at a lot of CDs and DVDs.

It was pretty rainy today, and that was unpleasant to walk through. Nevertheless, I walked all the way across downtown Boston (it must have been at least several miles) to get to the Cambridgeside Galleria, where I did some more shopping, getting, among other things, a new summertime shirt for next year (once it gets warm again) that was on sale and a nice belt. I also got new headphones for use on my laptop or discman because my current American Airlines headphones aren't working so well anymore. I purchased this at Borders Bookstore with my giftcard, which was given to me by an editor at The Tribune at the end of summer.

When I got back to the campus, I went to a party for my friend, who was celebrating her 21st birthday. It was a racuous occasion but fun nonetheless. We danced to fun, upbeat music and enjoyed snacks. I ended up not going to bed until a late hour, thus ensuring that I will not get up tomorrow morning until lunch at the dining hall is about to end.

:: SL 11:00 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?