:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, October 01, 2003 ::

It is October! Er... I mean, Rocktober!!! Yes, I have been told to anticipate this, and now it is here: Rocktober. My friend who lives down the hall has promised Rocktober to be an extravagant month filled with activities on each day. In essence, Rocktober will, well, rock. She sent a bunch of us an e-mail, which promised the following:

"Tea parties, drag car racing, nude stargazing, and funkalicious choreographed dances will all be hallmarks of this exciting month. Rocking so hard, you will lose all sphincter control."

Anyways, I can't believe September is over. Now that the weather has become consistently cold and classes are in full swing, I guess my summer is officially over. It really was a good summer. I'm glad I felt I got an extra month of it in September.

I have been reading the blogs of some of my friends, and I just want to say how wonderful it is that they are happy. Things are going well for many of my friends, and I can't be happier myself that that is happening. Yay for good news. I'm truly glad we have blogs as a forum for sharing such good news and thoughts.

Why does caffeine make me want to laugh? I just had a glass of Coca Cola, and now everything is funny to me. I have become giddy. I guess because I don't get very much caffeine in my diet, the effects on me are pretty extreme.

Well, it looks as if I am about to be disenfranchised in this upcoming election by a faulty mailing system. I requested my absentee ballot for the California gubernatorial election three weeks ago, and I still have not received it. I need to mail it in time to the county clerk-recorder on or before election day (October 7) for my vote to count. Frustrated, I called the office of the clerk-recorder, and an official said my ballot was sent on September 22. Yet it has not arrived in my mailbox. I am becoming worried. Everyone knows how strongly I feel about this recall election, how this is my first election that I'm allowed to vote in, and how much I want my vote to count. It would be most ironic if I wouldn't be able to vote because my absentee ballot was lost in the mail, while thousands of eligible voters in Californian neglect to exercise the civic duty of voting simply because they do not care. I would be furious. More furious than the angry vagina.

I spent all of today studying for my Chinese exam tomorrow - the first exam of this school year!

:: SL 5:44 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?