:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, October 08, 2003 ::

They finally turned on the heat! It's become very cold lately, and we've been clamoring for the heaters to finally turn on, especially in the towers because the concrete and the huge windows make the building very frigid. Last night, there was actually some warmth emanating from the heater in my room. It was most exciting. Add that to today's relatively warm day, and you've got a happy camper.

Today, I had a four-hour string of classes as part of my wonderful Wednesdays. After my classes, I hurried to a special discussion with Lynn Ahrens and Stephen Flaherty, the Tony Award-winning team responsible for the songs in the animated feature Anastasia as well as several musicals, including Ragtime and Seussical the Musical. They talked about the process of writing a musical and discussed several of their most well-known projects. It was so amazing to hear the stories behind these popular pieces of entertainment. At the end, I got their autographs on my copy of the Seussical soundtrack.

After running some errands, I stopped by the bookstore to read a few Dr. Seuss stories that were inspiration for Seussical the Musical. Some of them I had never read before, such as Yertle the Turtle or Horton Hears a Who. I really liked Horton Hears a Who. "A person's a person, no matter how small." I've come to realize what important messages and redeeming social commentary Dr. Seuss offers in his delightful books for children. Although easy to read, they often carry a deeper meaning and things that I'm catching now that I didn't capture when I first read those books years ago.

This evening, I had a fine dinner with a friend, and then I did my Chinese homework. I also chatted with some friends online and listened to the soundtrack to Anastasia, which I haven't listened to in a long time. It has some pretty catchy tunes, actually. Ah yes, the genius of Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahrens. Then I went to bed early because I have an early class tomorrow morning.

Get well, Robert.

:: SL 1:45 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?