:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, October 12, 2003 ::

Today, I slept in. Following lunch, where I made a really delicious salad from the salad bar, I started working on my Chinese homework. I worked on that most of the afternoon, learning new characters and making flashcards. Meanwhile, I listened to the Seussical the Musical soundtrack in its entirety. I kind of get the storyline now. I'm going to have to catch the show when it's performed sometime.

Dinner was nice. There was glazed ham with pineapple, and for dessert there was real ice cream, not frozen yogurt. There was a toppings bar with cherries, strawberries, whipped cream, M&Ms, chocolate sauce, and caramel sauce. I had strawberry ice cream with cherry topping with just a touch of caramel. During dinner, I caught up with a bunch of my friends.

Tonight, my friends and I watched the film Life is Beautiful starring Roberto Benigni. It was the first time I had seen this movie, and I was glad to finally have a chance to see it. It was quite haunting and poignant, as are most Holocaust movies, but it also had its moments of humor and light. The heart of the film came from a father's interminable efforts to keep his son from discovering the horrors of reality, to allow his son to survive. It was most heart-rending to watch, but the end demonstrated the brilliant triumph of the human spirit.

Following the film, I went back to my room and started cleaning up. In addition, I did my laundry, which took a lot of time because I have so many clothes to sort through. I then went to bed fairly late in the night, even though I have to get up before noon tomorrow morning.

:: SL 9:46 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?