:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, October 14, 2003 ::

With the myriad delightful delectables I consumed this evening, I expect to have a heart attack sometime this evening. Tonight, I attended a special recruitment meeting for the Walt Disney Company, which is seeking a financial analyst for its corporate division. It was for graduating seniors, but I felt it wouldn't hurt to get a head start and to try to see what's out there after college. The event was held at the Charles Hotel, a fancy convention hotel next to the Kennedy School of Government.

They gave a short video presentation of the many facets of the Walt Disney Company. It was then that I fully realized just how massive the company is. It's huge! I always knew the Disney Company was a big company, but it didn't really hit me until I saw this video, which showcased every division of the company, from theme parks to movies to radio to television to theatrical productions to sports teams to consumer products to cruise ships to magazines to record labels to books to the internet and more! It's actually quite frightening how massive this company is.

They described what kinds of tasks people in their division do and what they're looking for in applicants. In between, they showed video clips of current projects they have in line for release soon, such as The Haunted Mansion starring Eddie Murphy or The Alamo, a live action film about, well, The Alamo. There was also a preview for the new ABC sitcom I'm With Her, which seems to be very hilarious, if only I watched television. I was pretty impressed by all the company had to offer, as if I wasn't already...

They served such wonderful catered desserts in the back. They were tasty, bite sized, and beautifully decorated, with little chocolate garnishes and artistically arranged fruits; this was in addition to cookies, crackers, cheese, and chocolate-covered pretzels. As for drinks, they had a full coffee bar with specialty flavor mix-ins and a soft drink bar. I guess a big company can afford such delights in such a fancy hotel!

Afterwards, I visited my resident tutor, who was hosting a study break tonight featuring cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory. I tried the tiramisu cheesecake, as well as the pumpkin pie cheesecake. It was divine. The flavors really stood out, especially the tiramisu one. My only complaint with The Cheesecake Factory is that their cheesecake is too soft. I think it should be a little firmer.

Finally, the house masters were hosting another open house this evening, so I went and had the delicious monkey bread, which is like the inside of a warm gooey cinnamon roll. I also tried some of their flavorful ham and turkey. I chatted with some friends who were also there. Yeah, so all of the great food I had today is certain to catch up with me soon if I don't start exercising!

It's really starting to get busy for me. I have lots of work I need to get done, and I'm spending more time studying. Tonight, I worked mostly on my Chinese homework because I have a quiz in that class on Thursday. I also started working on my essay for Justice because that's also due on Thursday.

:: SL 9:15 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?