:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, November 25, 2003 ::

Even though we have school until Wednesday, the campus is already starting to weed out. Many people are taking this whole week off or leaving early for Thanksgiving, so a lot of my classes are less than full. It seems kind of weird... there's that end-of-the-year feeling where everyone is so done with classes and is ready to leave.

After having stayed up all night to study for my test, I ate breakfast and went to take my test in cognitive psychology. Following the exam, I went to Chinese class, and then I had a small lunch in the Leverett dining hall. I then talked with my scholarship coordinator, and I finally decided where I'm going for my internship for next summer. It looks like I'll be going to The Miami Herald! It should be a ton of fun. Apparently, four other Knight Ridder scholars will be going there as well. I've met all of them, and they are all wonderful people, so I know I'll enjoy the experience. I just hope I can stand the humidity and the heat! That, and I have to find my own transportation and housing. Challenges!

After taking a long nap that took up most of the afternoon, I had dinner in the dining hall and proceeded to ride the subway into Boston, where I went to see a play starring Nathan Lane at the Huntington Theater near Boston University. The play was called "Butley," and it's about a British professor, Ben Butley, who is having the worst day of his life: His wife asks for a divorce, and then his gay lover abandons him for another man, all in one day. The play was sold out tonight, but I signed up on the waiting list, and after waiting forever, I was able to get a ticket due to some cancellations. I really lucked out; I got the second to last ticket available right before the show started. The seat wasn't too bad, either.

Nathan Lane plays the title character in this "tragi-comedy," and indeed it was tragic and comedic at the same time. The play was so well-written; the metaphoric language and biting wit made the play truly entertaining. Nathan Lane (who, of course, has starred in many theater productions and movies, including The Producers, The Birdcage, The Lion King, and a cameo role in Austin Powers 3) did an amazing job in conveying the emotions of the character and in making the audience laugh. I had a great time. The only problem was that Nathan Lane chain-smokes throughout the play as his character, so the second-hand smoke was getting a bit noxious. Following the show, I was able to get Nathan Lane's autograph. He seems to be a very shy and quiet person, despite his dramatic stage presence and over-the-top characters.

Tonight, I did my laundry, worked on the computer, packed for vacation, and wrote a response paper for my moral reasoning class. I really wanted to go to bed early, but once again, there was too much work to be done, so I still went to sleep really late. Alas.

Quote of the Day: "I feel the need for cream."

:: SL 4:38 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?