:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 ::

Today, I finally installed the Google Toolbar, which has a feature that blocks pop-up ads. I have noticed that pop-up ads have been appearing more and more, and besides being an annoyance, they also waste time. It was high time I installed some type of pop-up ad blocker. The Google Toolbar is cool because it has a search feature built into it, so I won't have to go to Google.com every time I need to search. Wow, what a great company Google is.

It was a nice holiday due to Veterans Day. Many people went out for entertainment like movies or shopping, but I stayed in to study for my Chinese exam tomorrow after sleeping in way too late. There's so much material that's been covered already in my Chinese writing class, and on top of that there is an essay that is rather difficult to translate and analyze that we received as a take-home portion of the exam. I had to complete that as well.

Meanwhile, I became distracted by the ever-amusing Engrish.com, as well as other online vices such as AOL Instant Messenger, e-mail, and this. Ah yes... the ever-popular Stroop test, now adapted for an online audience. Not to brag or anything, but I scored a 100% on my first try.

Alas, these distractions are keeping me up all night!

Quote of the Day: "Chai tea? Oh, I thought you said Tai Chi."

:: SL 4:35 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?