:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, November 14, 2003 ::

Today, I got CEREBELLUM'D!!! Yes indeed! It was so exciting I could hardly contain myself. How did I get CEREBELLUM'D? Well, we dissected a sheep's brain in section today for Science B-29. This was the first time I had dissected anything since the fetal pig in 9th grade. Ah, the memories of formaldehyde and organic tissue! Today, we examined the various structures of the sheep's brain, and we even cut it up to look at the structures hidden under the layers. It was quite fascinating. Well, at the end, we were instructed to tear off the cerebellum, so I, showing off my intimate knowledge of lines from the Teen Girl Squad, excitedly said, "CEREBELLUM'D!" And everyone just stared blankly at me, except for one girl, who laughed. I'm glad at least one person got the joke. She later asked me which episode it was from. I reminded her it was Issue #4.

After my day of classes, I ran some errands in Harvard Square, picking up tickets for upcoming events and getting my rebate check from The Coop Bookstore. I then had dinner, which was quite delicious with its Chinese food tonight. After dinner, I went to see a student production of Hedwig and the Angry Inch, a popular off-Broadway musical. It was the first show I've ever seen at the Loeb Experimental Theater, so I didn't really know what to expect, but I ended up enjoying the simplicity of the production. It's so much more interesting when you have to use your own imagination when you're watching a performance. The musical was very hilarious but introspective at the same time. The guy who played Hedwig did an amazing job. I had no idea that the show was just like one long monologue. I am amazed how many lines and lyrics he had to memorize for the show.

I went to bed fairly early tonight because I was fairly fatigued.

Quote of the Day: "And when you're ready, I'll show you how to rip out the cerebellum!"

:: SL 1:51 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?