:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, November 10, 2003 ::

Today, I had classes from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. That included my two-hour psychology tutorial, where we discussed the concept of self-esteem today. It was an interesting talk, and one theory is that like good health one cannot get too much self-esteem.

After my classes, I went and had dinner with a good friend who lives down the hall from me. Tonight was the student/faculty dinner. I didn't have a faculty member to go to dinner with and my friend's chose faculty member declined at the last minute, so we decided to "crash" the occasion anyways. It turns out that the dining staff wouldn't have turned us away anyway, but it seemed so much more fun to pretend that we were faculty members.

I pretended to be a professor in the department of folklore and mythology, and my friend pretended to be a professor in the Scandinavian studies department. We took turns gushing to each other about the books we had supposedly written. It was such a strangely crazy yet incredibly amusing dinner. We started in the masters' residence, where we enjoyed drinks and hors d'oeuvres. They served really fancy food, too. We enjoyed nice rolls with butter, potato chowder, crab-stuffed salmon with rice and asparagus, and a super-fancy apple/cranberry strudel for dessert. The dessert had a really flaky crust and powdered sugar on top.

Tonight, we had a study break in our entryway. There was cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory restaurant. I tried three different flavors: peanut butter, Oreos, and dulce de leche. With all the decadent foods I had this evening, I can hear my arteries slowly clogging up. I conversed with my friends, and then I went back to my room to do some work. After finishing the work I had planned to do, I went to bed fairly early because I was tired. Luckily, I don't have class tomorrow because of Veterans Day.

Quote of the Day: "I hope your mother dies in a freak yachting accident."

:: SL 2:23 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?