:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, December 08, 2003 ::

Alas, the snow is becoming dirty and slushy, and it is a pain to walk anywhere outside as the snow is melting. Snow is pretty when it's falling but not when it becomes slush on the ground. The ground is also slippery with ice, so one mis-step could result in wetness and potential injury.

In other news, students in colleges and universities across the country are taking final exams before heading off to winter vacation. Alas, we are in the minority because we have our finals after winter break, so we have that stress lingering over us as we try to enjoy the holiday season.

Today, I went to all my classes from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. I also met with my Justice TF to discuss my paper, which is due tomorrow. I also headed to the IOP in order to pick up my ticket for tonight's event.

Tonight, I went to the final installment (unless Joe Lieberman gets his act together) of Hardball with Chris Matthews. Today's guest was Democratic presidential candidate General Wesley Clark. I really didn't know much about General Clark before tonight, and I was wondering why he is so popular. However, he did an excellent job on tonight's show, which once again was taped live and aired on MSNBC. Chris Matthews gave him some really easy questions, and Clark took advantage of that, speaking with confidence and style. He seems as if he could do some good in the White House. He did a meet and greet following the show, and I got to shake hands with him.

When I got back, I went to a study break that had the most delicious fresh fruit ever. We don't get very much variety in fruit here in the winter, so it was so refreshing to enjoy watermelon, pineapple, grapes, strawberries, raspberries, and blackberries. There was also creamy Godiva ice cream; the white chocolate with raspberry flavor was the best.

I finally settled down to write my big paper for Justice that's due tomorrow. It was a pain to start, but once I got the ball rolling, at least I could put words down on the page.

Quote of the Day: "From the people who brought you red hair ... now comes falafels, the Parthenon, and democracy!"

:: SL 5:40 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?