:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, December 18, 2003 ::

Greetings from California!!! It's nice to be back. Today, I slept in because I was so tired. Then, I got up and went to the high school, where I watched my sister conduct a Key Club meeting during the school's lunchtime. Then, I stayed for the journalism class, where my former journalism advisor asked me to give a short presentation about newspaper and journalism style. I then went and visited some of my old teachers in high school.

After visiting the high school, I went with my sister to the middle school, where she is a math tutor. She wanted me to go with her to help her with her job. Unfortunately, I had an orthodontist appointment at 4 p.m., so my mother and I went to SLO-town. I went to my appointment, which only took about fifteen minutes. Ironically, I actually spent more time waiting to be seen by the doctor than being seen. Following my appointment, I went to visit my grandmother's English teacher, who recently had a heart attack and is now recovering in a nursing home. She looked really healthy, and she is very lucky to have survived her health ordeal.

Tonight, I went to FARMERS MARKET!!! There, I met up with some friends, and we had dinner at Mo's Steakhouse. I enjoyed a tri-tip sandwich, which apparently originated from and is only available on the Central Coast.

After spending some time on the internet at the Two Dogs Café, my friend and I walked down the promenade by Pizza Solo, where we ran into a couple of our friends. After putting something away at the parking garage, we returned to converse with them. We talked until we met up with a couple more friends at Starbucks. We chatted for quite some time in the coffee shop, and it was a most enjoyable time. I also got a Jamba Juice! Yay! I got a Mango-a-Go-Go. I enjoyed catching up with many of my old friends. We finally headed over to the theater to get in line early for the 10 p.m. showing of Lord of the Rings: Return of the King.

We finally got into the theater and got nice seats all together. We made fun of the advertisement slide show prior to the movie and enjoyed the trailers for upcoming movies. There was also a preview for next year's Spider-man 2. The final installment of the Lord of the Rings movie trilogy was enjoyable. It dragged a bit near the beginning, but things started getting suspenseful. The conclusion was satisfying, if not a bit drawn out. At times I felt I was watching the same movie for the third time, but the imagery was spectacular. I really liked the "girl power" scene; it was a nice change of pace from an otherwise male-dominated film.

Quote of the Day: "Guys love buildings; if you want to get a guy's attention, be a building!"

:: SL 6:45 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?