:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, December 23, 2003 ::

Greetings from the student union of Cal Poly! Interestingly, the other computer here won't let me access blogger.com because the website has "forbidden content," which is absolutely ridiculous. Luckily, this computer will let me post on my blog.

Today, I got up early (after being awakened by a pretty strong aftershock from yesterday's huge earthquake) and went with a friend to Los Osos, where we met up with a bunch of friends for a Christmas get-together at the Los Osos Starbucks. I enjoyed the cookies my friend baked, since I didn't have anything for breakfast and didn't want to get anything from Starbucks. The "Santa's whiskers" cookies, which had sprinkles of coconut flakes and chunks of cherries, were especially delicious.

After general joking and conversing, we decided to head into SLO-town to play Dance Dance Revolution at Cal Poly's student union. 'Twas much fun. Unfortunately, the arcade was closing early, so we all headed downtown, where the streets were crowded with last-minute shoppers. Traffic was really bad.

We walked about downtown SLO-town, ran some errands, and went into random stores for some shopping. After looking at a lot of random fun things, we stopped at Pizza Solo for Solo Stix! Yay! They are most tasty. My friend had to leave early because she's going to visit her boyfriend up north, but we stayed and finished our snack/lunch.

When I got home, I resumed reviewing Chinese characters. This evening, my sister started watching the film Mary Poppins, and that was nice to see again. We had wonderful fruit tonight: guavas and kiwis. It's so nice to have real fruit again.

Apparently, Arnold Schwarzenegger was in Paso Robles today. It's still weird to me that he's the governor. I still see him as a mere film actor, not as governor.

Quote of the Day: "This is my baby's first Christmas, and you're building a gingerbread whorehouse?!?!"

:: SL 6:59 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?