:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, December 24, 2003 ::

It's Christmas Eve!!!

Today, I slept in after staying up pretty late studying the night before. The abusive family that lives on the first floor of my grandparents' house was being particularly noisy again this morning, making it rather difficult for me to sleep. The television was blaring, and an angry male voice yelled (presumably to his children), "Get out of my [expletive deleted] house!" How delightful.

This afternoon, I spent an excessive amount of time watching television. I watched snippets of Disney's The Hunchback of Notre Dame and E.T., in addition to the cartoon version of Dr. Seuss' How The Grinch Stole Christmas. It's nice how the channels are playing so many family-friendly films during this week. While watching TV, I studied my Chinese. I have completed reviewing approximately a fourth of what I need to know for the final.

Tonight, I was in a rush when my sister and I were heading out to get a recipe ingredient, so I grabbed and wore my sister's black sweatshirt, which she got after volunteering at the CIT wrestling tournament last year. Even though I was out for just minutes, I had two people ask me if I wrestled. I answered with what I thought was a clever repartee: "No, but my sister does."

I studied some more Chinese, and my sister and I later watched Mickey's Christmas Carol, which we watch every Christmas Eve. I love the song in that cartoon, and it's so touching when Tiny Tim says, "God bless us, every one!" Charles Dickens' classic really does reaffirm the importance of kindness and charity.

Quote of the Day: "That was rude; I never walked out when [he] wouldn't shut up."

:: SL 10:04 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?