:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, December 11, 2003 ::

This morning, I got up early to go to my cognitive psychology class. It was fairly interesting material about numeric cognition. I then went to section for my Justice class and Chinese, where I was the only person there for about ten minutes until three other classmates showed up. It was a really wet day; the rain was falling so heavily that I got soaked walking back to my dorm.

At lunchtime, I enjoyed my meal with a good friend of mine who is writing her own romance novel, so we shared humorous ideas. Meanwhile, the "Roving Reporter" from The Harvard Crimson showed up, and she asked us a question and took our picture. I wonder if I'll be in the publication tomorrow.

Today, I started working on my paper for my sophomore tutorial in psychology. I read a study and prepared to write an analysis of it. In the late afternoon, I headed over to Radcliffe Yard, where I went to hear Eve Ensler speak. Eve Ensler is the award-winning playwright and author of The Vagina Monologues, a groundbreaking work famous around the world. She is such an incredibly talented woman. Her speech began with some stories about her experiences writing The Vagina Monologues and what has happened to her since it became a huge hit. She then told heartwrenching stories about women who had been severely mistreated and oppressed in various cultures. Her language concerning the severe mistreatment of women worldwide was so descriptively detailed and delivered so emotionally that the audience was captivated and moved to action.

Eve Ensler also performed two new monologues she had written for a new production. They were powerful and moving. She compared the problems concerning the ozone layer with the problems women face. Damage to the ozone layer can have disastrous effects on humanity's existence, and violence against women, she said, can have the same effects. Eve Ensler is an incredible speaker, and she delivers her words with such passion and feeling. I thoroughly enjoyed her speech and was enlightened to the plight of women.

Following her speech, there was a reception next door with very fancy catered food. Eve Ensler was there, so I got to meet her and have her autograph my copy of The Vagina Monologues, which my friend inspired me to purchase a couple of years ago. Eve Ensler wrote, "Sam J – Bless you. May you always bless vaginas. – Eve Ensler." That, including the fact that she considered me a "vagina-friendly man," totally made my day.

In the evening, I worked some more on my paper and did some reading for my final Science B-29 section tomorrow morning.

Quote of the Day: "Jell-o… it's the best thing to come out of horses since Seabiscuit."

:: SL 7:48 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?