:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, December 12, 2003 ::

Today, I went to the final section for Science B-29. We enjoyed baked goods, chocolate, and apple cider. I then had lunch with my friends Alex, Alex, and Alex, and then I headed to Science B-29 lecture. It was a nice final formal lecture. Next Monday will be a review section.

Following Chinese, I made a phone call to clear up some issues regarding my newspaper assignment next year. I’m so excited about going to Miami this coming summer! Then, I went to the Leverett library to finish a reading a psychology study. After falling asleep in the comfy chair at the library, I caught the tail end of dinner, where I saw a lot of my friends, and we played telephone.

Tonight, I worked on my paper for my sophomore tutorial. The paper was an analysis of this fascinating psychology study on the linguistic development of Korean children who had been adopted into French families. The children learned French, became completely fluent in the language, and forgot all the Korean they ever knew. The study put these individuals in an fMRI, and scans of their brain activity while listening to sentences spoken in French and Korean were analyzed. The results showed that the adopted subjects showed no more activation in the brain when listening to Korean than the control group of native French speakers, even though the experimental group had learned Korean early in their lives. This was more evidence of the brain’s remarkable plasticity.

I took a study break to hang out with my friends, and we went to the Quincy Grille, where it was quite busy tonight, and ordered food and conversed and laughed and had a great time. I decided I felt like eating pizza, so I went to Tommy’s to get a slice. Afterwards, I returned to my room to finish writing my paper, and the sun was out before I finally went to bed.

Quote of the Day: "With a fatal crack overdose comes great responsibility."

:: SL 6:44 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?