:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, December 10, 2003 ::

Today, I went to Justice, section for cognitive psychology, Science B-29, and Chinese. After Chinese, I did some e-mail administration and got caught up on the day's news. At 4, I went to hear MIT professor Noam Chomsky speak about Israel/Palestine issues. Noam Chomsky, described as "the greatest intellectual alive today," is a founder of modern linguistics and a major figure in the history of mind-related studies; he is also very involved in social issues and causes, and that was why he was speaking here today.

Tonight, I had the best dining hall dinner ever. The dining hall and serving area was beautifully decorated with holiday decorations, and the tables had white tablecloths and poinsettias in little pots. The meal was absolutely wonderful. There was turkey with gravy, dressing, mashed potatoes, diced squash, and a most wonderful pasta with broccoli and chicken breast. In addition, I had canned peaches, which are so sweet and juicy and smooth, and in the dining hall there was a table set up with a tea showcase, where they introduced at least five different types of tea leaves from around the world that we could spoon into teabags and steep in hot water. Finally, they had fancy chocolate cake to end the whole meal. It felt like the dining staff went all out tonight.

Dinner was made even better by the fact that I found out that my friend has a Taiwanese heritage, and so we shared memories of our trips to Taiwan and our love for the culture. It was so neat to talk to someone who understood Taiwan! Talking about our favorite Taiwanese things vicariously took me to the island nation, and now I want to visit Taiwan again! It hasn't been a year since I last went to Taiwan, but it seems like so long ago. Ah yes, and the premier of China visited Harvard today to give a speech. I didn't have a chance to go protest because it was in the morning when I had classes. Boo. China is evil. Human rights violations!!!

Tonight, I did some psychology reading. Later in the evening for a study break, I visited a couple of my friends and got snacks at Quincy House's Brain Break. I then went to bed early because of my early class tomorrow.

Quote of the Day: "You can do a lot of cool stuff when you take her pants off!"

:: SL 1:19 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?