:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, December 19, 2003 ::

Today, I went to an orthodontist appointment in Arroyo Grande. My orthodontist needed to see me again after yesterday's appointment because he wanted to fit a new retainer. I normally go to the San Luis Obispo office, but he was at his Arroyo Grande office today. We first went to the San Luis Obispo office to pick up the new retainer from the work lab, and then I took that to the Arroyo Grande office to be fitted.

After my appointment, my parents and I went to Santa Maria, where we went shopping at Costco. I saw a bunch of stuff I wanted, and I ended up getting the new Indiana Jones trilogy DVD set. There was a rebate, so it ended up costing just a little over $30. What a great deal. I also sampled a bunch of different foods from the little tables set up to showcase various food items at the warehouse.

We then headed to the mall in Santa Maria. We got a bunch of See's chocolates to go and shopped at various stores. I didn't buy anything because I didn't see anything I liked. Finally, we went to a Chinese food buffet; the food was pretty good, and there was a huge selection available. I especially liked their honey chicken. They also had a great selection of fresh fruit. It was so wonderful to have fresh watermelon and honeydew again!!!

When I got home, I used the computer for a little bit of time and then proceeded to watch The Lion King: Special Edition on DVD. My sister purchased it earlier this year. I watched the new scene, entitled "The Morning Report," and I was pretty disappointed. The song wasn't memorable, and the animation was really bad. The song just didn't fit into the movie. However, I'm sure it fits into the plot better in the Broadway musical, for which this song was written.

Quote of the Day: "I'm doing alright; would you like fries with that?"

:: SL 2:06 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?