:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, December 14, 2003 ::

Today, I wrapped up some Chinese homework for the end of the semester and then did reading for my psychology tutorial. I then finished writing my response paper on that reading.

It started snowing really heavily again today. Basically, chunks of snow were falling from the sky. It piled up on the ground pretty quickly.

Tonight, I went to Memorial Church in the middle of Harvard Yard for a Christmas carol service. This was the first time I had been inside Memorial Church, and I found a marvelous sight inside. It was all decked out in poinsettias and glowing candles, and I really felt the holiday atmosphere.

The choir and orchestra started to perform traditional carols, some more obscure and religious ones, too, and there was a magical feeling in the church, especially when the audience members, as instructed, began singing along with the choir. Add the snow falling visibly through the windows, and you have a true holiday celebration.

I then met up and had dinner with a good friend of mine whom I haven't seen in quite some time. We talked and laughed and shared wild gossipy tales. We then headed over to Mather House to have ice cream, since Leverett wasn't serving any today in its dining hall. It was rather fun enjoying my cake cone of vanilla ice cream outside while the snow was falling heavily on me and my ice cream cone.

Tonight, my friend and I went to Adams House to watch the premier episode of Ivory Tower, "Harvard's own soap opera." It was rather amusing because it featured characters based on various Harvard stereotypes (the nerd, the jock, the bitchy girl, etc.).

A lot of my friends then converged for a holiday get-together and tea party! It was so much fun; we exchanged gifts, ate snacks, and drank tea. We laughed and joked in the festive manner endemic to holiday parties. 'Twas fun to the max.

Quote of the Day: "I enjoy riding the elevators in the nude; it's such a rush."

:: SL 6:48 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?