:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, January 22, 2004 ::

Happy Chinese New Year! It is the year of the monkey. Yesterday, I received in the mail a red envelope with money inside from my parents per the Chinese New Year tradition.

Today, I studied more for my moral reasoning exam on Saturday. I enjoyed lunch with some friends I haven't talked to in some time, and then I watched some lectures online. Dinner was most enjoyable... to celebrate Chinese New Year, the dining hall went all out with their pseudo-Chinese food extravaganza. The food itself wasn't bad, but if its likeness to real Chinese food was mild at best.

Tonight, I went to another review session for my moral reasoning class. It was a bit long-winded, but it was good for reminding me of how much work I still have to do. Late tonight, at about 2 a.m., the fire alarm went off, and all of us residents of G tower at Leverett House evacuated the building and gathered outside in the freezing cold. We couldn't stand the temperature, so we congregated in the lobby of the F tower. It must have been an entertaining sight, all of us crowded in there. We joked and conversed with our neighbors, many who had already gone to bed and were in their sleepwear. Then, the firefighters gave the "all clear" and let us back into our rooms. I then stayed up even later continuing my studies.

Quote of the Day: "I appreciate your charming lack of knowledge about the sex trade."

:: SL 6:32 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?