:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, January 07, 2004 ::

Last night, I had a dream about badgers.

OK, I really didn't, but I needed an excuse to have this mind-numbing music playing in the background.

Love it? Hate it? Let me know...

Today, I went into town to see Urinetown: The Musical! Despite the strange title, it was a hilarious production. Urinetown was originally an off-Broadway musical, but it eventually made its way to Broadway. The touring company is here for a couple of weeks, and I caught its second performance in Boston. I waited in line for the cool $25 student rush tickets the theater offers and ended up getting a front row, center seat! It was so exciting.

The musical is about a dystopian town that faces a water shortage so severe that the residents are charged "a fee to pee." Thus, the wealthy live wonderful lives, while the poor are oppressed and are not allowed to urinate unless they come up with the money. Thus, the poor start a revolt to give themselves the right to urinate when they want, where they want, and for as much and as long as they want. The musical kept making fun of itself and other musicals, and I could not stop laughing. The songs were pretty catchy, too. I might consider getting the cast album. It's too bad the show on Broadway is closing soon because the theater is being demolished to make way for a new skyscraper. I can see this show running for quite some time.

After the show, I went to a nearby supermarket to get a snack. I then headed back to my dorm. Once again, it is freezing, and the wind is blowing so hard. Walking back from the T stop nearly made my fingers freeze.

Quote of the Day: "Mom, if you were a Spice Girl, you'd be Old Spice!"

:: SL 1:31 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?