:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, January 27, 2004 ::

Today, I got up, had a meal, and then crammed for a couple of hours for my Chinese final this afternoon. I went to the final, which was a bit long for the three hours allotted. It's strange how time passes so fast when you're taking an exam.

After the exam, I went back to my room, got some things settled, and then went to have dinner with a friend I haven't seen in a very long time. Following dinner, I joined a good group of friends who were celebrating the end of finals with a "Pirate Party." We started by watching Pirates of the Caribbean on DVD in Quincy House.

After a break, I received a call informing me that my flight tomorrow morning had been cancelled due to weather concerns. The Northeast is supposed to receive a huge storm tomorrow; I guess they were anticipating it to be really bad. The airline company helped me reschedule, but now instead of arriving at 1 in the early afternoon, I will arrive in San Luis Obispo at 6:30. The trip is going to take forever. My father is going to Taiwan, but he scheduled his flight for Thursday evening, so I will still get to see him.

I then went to a continuation of said party, where my friends made "grog" and enjoyed hard tack and garnish (Triscuits with canned cheese). We then all played Ganguro Girl, which I am warning you is an extremely hilarious, disturbing, offensive, sexist, and sexual online game. It takes forever to play, and it takes forever to describe. I've heard it gets pretty dirty, but I haven't gotten far enough in the game to see it for myself. Let's just say that if you've got a lot of free time or want a conversation piece at your next party, try out this game.

I missed my friend's huge Jell-o shot party, and that was a bummer, but I did get to hang out with some really good friends. I then spent some time with another group of friends in the Leverett House dining hall, where we had an enjoyable conversation into the early morning. I then finished up my laundry and finished packing for my big journey home tomorrow.

Quote of the Day: "You're smart! You did very well on verbal!"

:: SL 3:02 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?