:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, January 31, 2004 ::

Today, I watched some television. I then went with a good friend of mine (Friend A) to SLO-town, where she went to see a movie and I went to the Barnes and Noble bookstore. I got some lunch at Woodstock's Pizza and walked by the Mission and its gardens and the creek for some reflection time. There was a wedding being held at the Mission. It was such a beautiful day; it wasn't exactly warm, but it was just nice. The trees were waving to the gentle breeze. I then settled in Barnes and Noble and finished reading Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken. It's such a great book, and it makes me so upset about the state of affairs in our country. Sigh.

After Friend A finished her movie, we headed over to Cal Poly to visit another friend (Friend B), but Friend A and I got a bit lost because we couldn't find a dirt parking lot, which turned out to be an asphalt parking lot. We stopped by the office, and they let us make a phone call to find out where we were going. Friend A and I got there and saw Friend B and her boyfriend and his friends. They were having a barbecue, but they found it difficult to get a fire going. Friend A and I spent much of the time playing a variety of games such as chess, checkers, tic-tac-toe, dominos, and speed. I then ate a hamburger with bacon (Thank god for bacon... you did such a wonderful job!). After chatting for a bit, we headed into the dormitory of Friend B's boyfriend because it had become dark and cold outside. We admired... well... stared at the random panties draped on upside-down plastic flamingos hanging from the ceiling in their living room. Indeed, it was surreal, but I shall not divulge any more details, lest I slip into the realm of unwarranted passive-aggressiveness. I do concede, however, that the Mondrian-style art created from colored electrical tape was rather clever. After a short conversation and tour, Friend A and I left the dormitory and returned to our respective homes.

Tonight, I spent some time doing some writing and watching random snippets of what my sister was watching on television (The Parent Trap remake and The Matrix) and what my mother was watching on television (some Lifetime movie about a girl who was falsely accused of a crime committed by her mother's abusive and married secret lover and now must redeem herself in the eyes of the law and disapproving society). I then did some reading and watched some more Dilbert episodes.

BLEARGH!

Quote of the Day: "My esophagus hurts!"

:: SL 8:39 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?