:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, January 16, 2004 ::

Today, I wrote a paper for my psychology sophomore tutorial. It was more of a research paper, and I had to sort through a lot of documents to find what I wanted.

In the afternoon, I went to a review session for my Chinese writing class. It's going to be tough remembering all the characters for the finals!

This has been a tough week. There are the pressures of finals, which begin tomorrow, and on top of that the weather has been just unbearable. Record lows, wind chills last night of -29, etc.

A few hours after dinner, I went to a donut party, where they served Dunkin' Donuts for the entire house. Everyone was there, enjoying their fill of donuts. I enjoyed a Boston cream donut - my favorite kind.

Tonight, despite the below-zero wind chill warnings, hundreds of students gathered in Harvard Yard for Primal Scream, the Harvard College tradition where students run around Harvard Yard in the nude at midnight on the night before finals begin.

A lot of officials had warned students not to participate this year because it was so cold (one can begin to develop frostbite after just 15 minutes in this weather). Nevertheless, quite a few students still participated. I don't know how they did it; I was wearing layers upon layers of clothes but was still cold!

Quote of the Day: "You know I love you, but we're just not from the same potato!"

:: SL 7:16 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?