:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, January 28, 2004 ::

Wow, what a long day. I set off in the early morning for the Boston Logan International Airport, taking all my bags on the subway and arriving about an hour and a half before my flight. Yesterday, I had learned that my flight at 7 a.m. was cancelled, so I was booked on this later flight at 9:30 a.m. Ironically, the expected heavy snow that prompted the airline to cancel my original flight did not come until 8:30 a.m. Had they kept the 7 a.m. flight, the plane would have gotten out of Boston so much more easily. But I boarded the 9:30 flight, and they did all the de-icing procedures, spraying this chemical on the plane to melt all the snow and ice that had already piled on the airplane in the short amount of time since the snowstorm began.

Well, as luck would have it, the airplane experienced some engine problems right before take-off. In fact, the plane actually started to accelerate on the runway, preparing to take flight, before stopping suddenly when the monitors indicated engine trouble. We went back to our gate, and the mechanics inspected the engine. After all was done, the plane had to be de-iced once again, and we finally left Boston after a 3-hour delay.

This flight took me across the country to San Francisco. While landing, we flew over the salt farms just south of the bay. It was so neat to see the pools of water because they were all different colors! I'm not sure why the saltwater was colored, but there was a huge field of red water, another field of orange water, then yellow, green, and even blue! It was so beautiful in a colorful yet strange way. Because of the earlier delay, I was to miss my connecting flight to Los Angeles, but they held the flight to Los Angeles because there were so many people on my flight who needed to take that flight and missed it due to the delay. While taking off to Los Angeles, we got a wonderful view of the Bay Area and the city of San Francisco, complete with the Golden Gate Bridge and the TransAmerica Pyramid.

After a stop in Los Angeles, I got on a plane to San Luis Obispo. I got home at about 7. It's too bad my flight from Boston to Los Angeles was cancelled; it would have made the trip so much easier and efficient, since I wouldn't have to flight down from San Francisco to Los Angeles and then back up to San Luis Obispo. I had massive headache from all the traveling and probably from not getting any sleep last night, but I'm so glad to be home. Sooo glad to be back in California.

Tonight, I had dinner and then watched a DVD of musicals.

Quote of the Day: "I have to go now; I have a disease!"

:: SL 4:03 AM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?