:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, February 07, 2004 ::

Today, after having lunch, a couple of friends and I watched an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer that was done as a musical. It was amusing how the characters randomly burst into song and were so self-referential about it. I have never seen an episode of the series, but this episode stood pretty well on its own. I pretty much understood what was going on, despite my lack of knowledge about the show.

This afternoon, I cleaned up my room and started organizing some papers. I then went to the Malkin Athletic Center, where I exercised on a stationary bicycle for 30 minutes and then ran a mile on a treadmill. Afterwards, I had a quick dinner and went with a bunch of friends to see the closing night of Eve Ensler's masterpiece The Vagina Monologues. It was another wonderful production; the performers were all energetic and emotional in their segments. There was a stunning performance of my favorite monologue: "My Angry Vagina." I also now have a new favorite: "The Vagina Workshop." That piece was done by a performer who put on a British accent. It was spectacular. The audience really got into the humorous monologues. The more serious monologues dealing with violence against women were especially emotional. They also performed a new monologue, which I got to hear performed by Eve Ensler when she visited a couple of months ago; it was a shocking and eye-opening portrayal of the violence experienced by women in the Middle East, especially in light of the recent wars.

After seeing the show, my friends and I went out to get ice cream for some people and pizza for others. We then chatted and joked in a friend's room.

Quote of the Day: "I'm going to buy you a t-shirt that says, 'Doesn't play nice with other kids.'"

:: SL 10:52 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?