:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, February 14, 2004 ::

Well, today was Valentine's Day. It could very well be the most depressing day of the year, but I choose to still be cheery, holding out for the thought that there is such a thing as love, if not for one special individual, then for all my friends.

Today, I did some studying. I then spent some time with some friends for dinner in the dining hall, where they had DYO (Decorate Your Own) cookies for Valentine's Day, in addition to various sweets and candies.

I then joined up with a bunch of friends and took the bus to Allston, where we went to a Columbian restaurant to celebrate the birthday of one of our friends. My friends blindfolded her and led her around town and onto the bus to get to the restaurant. It was a wonderful meal. The food seemed to be most authentic, and I appreciated the opportunity to experience the flavors of another culture. I had a type of steak in sauce, which came with rice and beans and a salad and potatoes.

After I returned to campus, I visited another group of friends who were having a party for Valentine's Day. I joined them and played a bit of Super Mario Brothers on the original, old-school Nintendo Entertainment System. It was fun to play video games once again. Someone else then played Duck Hunt. I miss these old video games.

Tonight, I did a lot more studying before going to bed.

Quote of the Day: "There's a big difference between Victoria's Secret ad copy and my journalism!"

:: SL 1:17 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?