:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Wednesday, February 11, 2004 ::

Wow, I can't believe I haven't signed onto AOL Instant Messenger in an entire week! Yay for eliminating distractions.

Today, I went to my classes again. Social psychology was most interesting. We talked about how psychology studies are designed and conducted. We also talked about ethics in psychological research. One study, done in the 1950s, looked at what would happen if people knew they were about to die. They had a subject lie down and receive a shot under the impression that it was an immunization shot. Then, the experimenter said, "Oh, oops… um, I'm sort of new at this, and I think I might have injected an air bubble into your system… um… you're going to die within the next 30 minutes." Well, they found out that the subjects just stayed there where they were for 30 minutes, waiting to die. I think ethics for psychology research have come a long way since then.

I then went swimming again at the pool. It was definitely refreshing exercise. I then went to dinner, where I talked to a bunch of friends. I then went to the music library to check out a CD.

Tonight, I went to a formal! It was fun; I dressed up in a nice shirt and tie, and I joined my dressed-up friends to go into Boston to the posh Park Plaza Hotel, where the formal was being held. We snacked and drank soda and danced the night away. When I returned, I spent time exploring thefacebook.com, a new website that's basically a rip-off of Friendster.com except it's only for students here.

Quote of the Day: "I've got hos in different area codes."

:: SL 5:45 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?