:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 ::

I am typing this as my stomach growls. I am hungry.

Today, I went back to work, and I got to do a bit of reporting. It was nice, except for the annoying people who didn't respond to calls or e-mails! If you are ever contacted a journalist, do them a favor and respond!

I was using the restroom today, and I noticed that the brand of the paper toilet covers was called "Life Guard." OK, I totally understand and appreciate that paper toilet covers help maintain sanitation and cleanliness in the restroom, but I think the brand name of "Life Guard" is kind of pushing it. Sure, it's disgusting when paper toilet covers are not available. But am I going to die because I don't have one? No. I will find another way to maintain sanitation. The paper toilet cover is not a "lifeguard" (in the sense of pool or beach lifeguards) that will save my life or prevent danger because I'm using it. If a company that made antibiotics were named "Life Guard," I would be more understanding, since antibiotics can actually save lives. But a flimsy piece of tissue paper to protect my skin from germs? I'm thinking that it's a bit of an exaggeration to call it "Life Guard."

What name would I suggest instead for a company that makes paper toilet covers? How about something that sounds sanitary. Like "Sani-Layer" or something...

I think I have a bright future in naming personal hygiene and sanitation products.

Quote of the Day: "Wow, she's so talented; she can pick her nose and talk on her cell phone at the same time."

:: SL 11:11 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?