:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, August 27, 2004 ::

I'm back! It was a fun vacation. My sister and I got up really early on Wednesday to make the 5-hour drive down to the Disneyland Resort. It was a long drive, but we had lots of music to keep us entertained. The traffic was really bad once we got into Los Angeles. So much smog, so many cars.

We went on the new Tower of Terror ride at Disney's California Adventure, and that was a blast. I had been concerned about this version (the original opened ten years ago at Walt Disney World) because I had heard about budget woes and other problems, but it still turned out to be pretty thrilling. The sudden drops were a lot of fun, and they still managed to pack in a lot of special effects in the show scenes. I also saw the new Snow White musical at Disneyland, and that was a lot of fun. The only downer was that Disneyland is preparing for its 50th birthday celebration next year, so several rides were down, and a lot of the beautiful buildings (including the magnificent castle) were behind tarps due to construction. After two days at the resort, my sister and I drove back in the middle of the night and got home very early this morning. It was quite tiring, especially after two days of non-stop walking. It was worth the fun trip, though.

On the trip, I managed to find the soundtracks to the original "Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln" attraction and the "America Sings" show at Disneyland.

Today, I finished watching the movie Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I then ran some errands and watched the Olympics on television.

Quote of the Day: "It's like she's constantly doing vibrato while talking."

:: SL 8:50 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?