:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, August 23, 2004 ::

Today, I slept in! After having lunch, I watched a little more of the Disney film Bedknobs and Broomsticks, but because I have such a short attention span, I didn't finish the movie but instead decided to do some errands, like sending in receipts and writing a thank you card. I also watched the family business for a bit of time while my parents went out for a bit to buy some supplies.

Later, my sister and I went to our local supermarket to rent a couple of videos. I got the film "Miracle" about the U.S. hockey team win over the Soviet Union in 1980 at the Winter Olympics. My sister got "The Prince & Me." When my sister and I returned from the supermarket, my family, including my grandparents, headed off to Santa Maria to go shopping. I followed my sister as she looked through fashionable couture and prom dresses, and we had a meaningful conversation about school and other life issues. We also got these tasty macadamia nut/white chocolate chip cookies and sugar cookies from The Cookie Cookery. Later on, I looked at this hooded sweatshirt I really wanted, but the didn't have the size that fits me. Alas.

We then went had dinner at a buffet that offered Chinese food and some Japanese food items like sushi. I got really full, and then we went to Costco, where I walked around because I didn't need to buy anything. I didn't buy anything on this shopping excursion, but that's because I had just gone shopping this past Friday in Boston, so it wasn't a big deal to go shopping again.

We drove home, and then my sister and I watched "Miracle." It was a nice and inspirational film. I liked the trip back to the 80s. I then spent some time on the computer and watched some of the Olympics. Mens' gymnastics had so much drama! Poor Paul Hamm had to face more issues with scoring in one of his events, and all the booing went on for the longest time! I had never seen anything like it before. After staying up late working on a project of mine, I finally went to bed after 3 a.m. My mother will most certainly yell at me tomorrow morning for staying up so late and subsequently sleeping through the entire morning. Sigh. The price I pay for nonconformity.

Quote of the Day: "If you ever feel down or depressed, you should say to yourself, 'Well, at least I can find clothes that fit me when I go shopping.'"

:: SL 3:01 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?