:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, August 02, 2004 ::

Whoa there... I just found out that Sen. John Kerry and George W. Bush will be speaking at the journalism convention I'm going to this week in Washington, D.C.! Kerry on Thursday, and Bush on Friday morning. Secretary of State Colin Powell is scheduled to speak at the convention, too. Wow, what a trip this is going to be. It should be absolutely incredible... It's turning out to be so much bigger than I first anticipated.

One press release praises this convention as "the largest – and arguably among the most important – assembly of journalists in U.S. history." Wow.

Interestingly, Bush is actually going to have a question and answer session, and I just might try to ask a question, so here's my poll: If you could make a comment and ask a question to Bush, what would it be?

I've always wondered what I would actually say to Bush, if given the chance, considering how angry I, and many others, am about his lying to our country about war, taking our budget surplus and squandering it so now we have a record deficit, alienating so many of our international allies, and hastening the destruction and polluting of our environment, among so many other terrible things. It's difficult to even think beyond insults. I need a good question that takes the high road but expresses my extreme displeasure at his policies. This is the chance of a lifetime. E-mail your ideas.

Today, my friends and I gathered for trivia night once again at a local restaurant. It was very entertaining, as usual. We were a bit hesitant this time, since we were without the resources of one of our power players (he answered correctly that the 1904 world's fair was in St. Louis and that the animal that became extinct when the last of its species, named Martha, died was the passenger pigeon). However, we still managed to win third place, so we got cool hats with the restaurant's logo on them. We also snacked on half-price appetizers. Yum!

Quote of the Day: "I suppose it's becoming a vicarious thrill for me to hear about other people getting a good night's rest."


:: SL 6:14 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?