:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Monday, September 06, 2004 ::

I had my second front-page story in a row! 104-degree high tops SLO's record of 99

Well, I enjoyed my Labor Day today. My parents decided to go out of town to go shopping at an Asian supermarket (because there are none within a 90-mile radius of my home), so my sister and I watched over the family business. I spent most of the afternoon watching The Outer Limits because they were having a marathon on the Sci-Fi channel (I feel so nerdy admitting that!). I like The Outer Limits because it's very much like The Twilight Zone (which I am a big fan of), and there is a twist at the end of each hour-long episode, along with a moral or message that applies to real life. I ended up watching four episodes this afternoon.

In the evening, my sister and I watched the movies "Confessions of a Teenage Drama Queen" starring Lindsay Lohan (she did a great job in this film) and "13 Going On 30," which was charming and humorous and a feel-good movie. Get excited!

Story of the Day:

Tonight, I had dinner at a Chinese buffet with two women, and while I was trying to eat my Mongolian beef, the sauce of which was starting to merge with the sauce from my overheated sweet and sour chicken, my two female companions began to discuss their worst menstrual cramps stories.

"I usually just take a couple of painkillers and then I try to sleep."
"Yeah, I tried that, but it usually hurts so much that I'm moaning through the night in pain, so I usually just go and sleep in the other room so I don't wake my family members."

I can only begin to imagine, I thought to myself as I ate another deep-fried wonton stuffed with cream cheese filling.

Quote of the Day: "I am a dam. I hold back water. Am I a dental dam? I would taste bad, then."

:: SL 9:19 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?