:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, September 28, 2004 ::

On Sunday, I went to the freshman dining hall and got sign-ups for the psychology lab I'm working in. It was a chore to keep yelling the same phrases over and over again, but it was fun with company.

Later that evening, my friends held a tea party, so I drank tea and snacked on Sun Chips into the night.

Yesterday, I got up early and went to classes. After writing a couple of news stories for my website, I took a nap in the late afternoon. I had dinner, and then I did some reading and other work. Because I took a nap so late in the day, I couldn't fall asleep at night. It sucked. I kept tossing and turning.

Then, I woke up this morning and felt extremely tired because I was unable to sleep last night. I went to my classes and then took a lunch break. Before I went to my tutorial in the afternoon, I participated in a few psychology studies, which netted me $28 in less than one hour. Not bad... but it still doesn't compare to the $37 in less than one hour I made once doing another study.



This evening, I went into town and saw The Lion King: The Broadway Musical. It was nice to finally see the show, which is in town for a few months. I had heard many great things about this musical from many people, including my aunt, who saw it in Los Angeles. I almost had a chance to see The Lion King on Broadway when my friend Katie and I went to New York last year, but the show was sold out (as it is quite often due to its popularity).

The show was amazing! A lot of the scenes and dialogue were lifted straight from the movie, but it was still neet to see it interpreted onstage. A while ago, I had heard some ignorant person saying that some of the puppets in the musical looked as if their puppeteers were "having sex" with them, but now that I've seen the show for myself, I know that that person was just being vulgar and stupid. It looks nothing like that, and the puppets are actually quite imaginative and clever. It's really a shame that someone who is privileged enough to get a chance to see such a form of artistry decided to be so immature about it instead of appreciating it.

But I digress.

Anyways, the scene with the wildebeast stampede was visually stunning, and the opening and closing scenes with all the animals gathering at Pride Rock were simply magical. There were several new songs in the musical, and they are pretty catchy. I have one of them stuck in my head right now. It was neat because they took some existing instrumental score from the movie and added lyrics to create new songs.

Oh, The Lion King was at The Opera House, an abandoned theater from long ago that fell into ruin but just reopened recently after a lengthy renovation that cost millions of dollars. It was a beautiful theater, and I can't wait to see Phantom of the Opera in that theater when the show visits Boston in the spring.

Quote of the Day: "I wanted to buck the trend." "Yeah, you really bucked up royally."

:: SL 8:31 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?