:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, September 18, 2004 ::

Yesterday, I got up early and went to an open house for one of the Harvard art museums. There were snacks, and I got a poster for our common room. I then went to registration and the activities fair, where I signed up to be on the mailing lists of a bunch of extracurricular activities. I always forget just how many student groups there are on campus.

In the afternoon, I finished getting my stuff out of storage because today was the last day. I started unpacking a lot of my stuff, and then I got together with a bunch of my friends, and we watched the movie Animal House.

It was the first time I had ever seen the movie, but it really does say something about the college experience. It's definitely a very college movie. I had seen the movie Old School starring Will Ferrell before I saw Animal House, so I saw what I think were a lot of things in Animal House that inspired Old School.

It was funny because before we started the movie, some of my friends pulled out their "dirty dice," one of which lists actions (tickle my, caress my, massage my, etc.) and the other of which lists body parts (back, leg, arms, etc.) so you put them together to get a command like "massage my arms," and started playing a game of "dirty dice." It was hilarious but also a bit surreal to see three girls kissing another girl's leg, etc.

Today, I slept in but then spent a lot of time finishing unpacking my boxes and organizing my room. I then put up my posters, which include one of Disneyland, the state of California, and the MSG'd scene from a Teen Girl Squad episode from Homestar Runner.

At dinner tonight, a couple of my friends had the following exchange:

"One of my teachers thought of naming her child India."
"That's an interesting name. Maybe your teacher should name her other child Pakistan."
"Oh yeah, then they could say, 'India and Pakistan are always fighting'!"
"India and Pakistan can never get along. They're always fighting over this cashmere sweater!"

Soon after dinner, we held our first tea party of the year! It was a good party. A lot of people showed up, and we got to show them our new suite for the year. We also enjoyed cookies. There were a lot of good laughs and some crazy antics. We then headed to another friend's room, where we watched the movie Poltergeist 2, The Legacy, which we laughed at and made fun of throughout its entirety.

It was hilarious just how bad the movie was. We noted that the 6-year-old girl was probably the best actor in the entire film, and laughed at the actors' ever-shifting accents, which changed depending on the people they were speaking with. It was a good time. We then visited and chatted for some time. I then went to sleep earlier because I have a meeting tomorrow morning.

Quote of the Day: "Whip my ass! I mean... no, don't do that. That's OK."

:: SL 11:29 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?