:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Sunday, October 24, 2004 ::

On Saturday afternoon, I went to help out with the Hasty Pudding business staff stuff envelopes and advertisements for this year's show and stick mailing addresses on them.

This weekend is the Head of the Charles regatta, so there were a lot of tourists and students from a lot of different schools participating in this major crew event on the Charles River, which is just literally ten steps away from my dorm. I went and watched some of the races, and that was a neat experience. They also had a lot of small tents set up along the river where the sponsors of the event were giving away free stuff and food vendors sold fried dough (New England's version of funnel cakes), hot dogs, and other foods you typically see at fairs.

In the evening, my friends and I went to see the movie I (heart) Huckabees, billed as an "existential comedy." I highly recommend this movie. I thoroughly enjoyed its humor and its pseudo-intellectualism and philosophical basis. It was really amusing how the main character had the detectives following him through his daily life, and I enjoyed how it brought such interesting theories alive to apply to modern life. Very funny movie.

After the movie, we decided to go get bubble tea at the newly-opened Boston Tea Stop, which is much cheaper and much better than the other place I've gone to get bubble tea because it is not a franchise. They even give you a free bubble tea every time you have nine! I'm totally going to this place for my bubble tea fix from now on.

Later, my friends and I went to the Quincy Grille for some late night snacking. It was funny because two of my friends who are dating placed their orders separately, and one ordered as "Lilo" and the other ordered as "Stitch." We cracked up when we heard the second name being announced. We had a lively conversation and talked into the night.

On Sunday, I volunteered with Pets as Therapy, where we take dogs and take them to visit the senior citizens at the local nursing home. It's such a joy to see the faces of the senior citizens light up when they see the cute dogs.

Later in the evening, I went and watched the Red Sox game at my friend's room. Wow, the Red Sox are ahead 2-0 in the World Series! Could this be the year they win it?

Quote of the Day: "Oh yeah! He was in that movie... what's that movie where you dance?" "Um, Footloose?"

:: SL 9:40 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?