:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Tuesday, October 12, 2004 ::

Today was a good day. I participated in a psychology study where I sat in front of a computer screen and identified the names of celebrities whose pictures were flashed onscreen. That netted me $10 for less than an hour.

I had a couple of classes today, and then I went to the psychology lab and ran my first study! It was exciting to be running the study with real subjects after practicing it so many times to get it right. I think it ran pretty smoothly.

At dinner time, I joined the Taiwanese Cultural Society in making and cooking and eating dumplings. Yum! They are such a tasty meal. It was a nice social time, and a couple of people even made extra-large dumplings!

Afterwards, I participated in an economics study in which I solved mazes and earned money for it! I ended up making $48.40 cash in 40 minutes. Woo! So today was a lucrative day.

Tonight, I went to the open house hosted by our house masters. I got monkeybread! It was so sweet and cinnamon-y. Yum. There were also good snacks like chips and hummus, guacamole, and mini tacos. There were a lot of people watching the big Red Sox vs. Yankees game, too. Later, I visited a friend and had a good discussion.

Tomorrow will be quite a busy day. There's the third and final presidential debate, too! I'm quite excited about watching that.

Quote of the Day: "I'm too sexual to be asexual!"

:: SL 7:12 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?