:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Friday, October 29, 2004 ::

Yesterday, I worked on some assignments that were due soon. I had a great dinner with some friends in which we shared stories we had heard about people getting maimed by elevators, and later at night, we had a quick tea party in which we had some great laughs. A couple of my friends were fighting over a red pitchfork that's part of my friend's devil costume for Halloween, and we found that wildly hilarious as they chased each other around the room for the object.

Despite the good times with friends, yesterday was a crappy day. It kind of worsened as the evening wore on, so I could not fall asleep last night. I ended up getting only about four hours of sleep when I could have gotten nine because I was so upset. Alas. Well, today is another day, and it was a bit nicer.

I went to my classes, and then I had lunch with a friend. Then, I worked on an assignment that was due later today and turned it in. I then planned with my roommates a major party we are throwing tomorrow evening for "Rocktoberween." We got a black light and glow sticks, so it should be lots of fun. We moved the couches and futon in our common room to clear a space for people to dance and planned where we would put food and drinks.

I then went to see the movie Mean Girls, which was being presented at the Science Center. It was such a hilarious movie. I highly recommend it. Its caustic commentary, satire, and caricaturizing of the high school social structure amazed me, and I could not stop laughing at the continuous humor. Lindsay Lohan does an amazing job in this film (as she does in all her films); I think she's a very talented actress.

Afterwards, my friends and I went to Finale, an upscale dessert restaurant, for a treat. I didn't feel like having any of their super-sweet desserts, so I just had some chai tea. I am growing quite fond of chai, actually.

I then went and got some snacks and drinks for the big party tomorrow.

Quote of the Day: "Well, I don't know how you're going to get into our room for the party that early; the doors open at 11." "What is this, a Broadway show???"

:: SL 7:48 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?