:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
[::..archive..::]
[::..recommended..::]
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Saturday, December 25, 2004 ::

Merry Christmas!

On Thursday, the day after retiring early due to extreme tiredness, my sister and I got up early and went to the public library to get some books. We then went into SLO-town to see the Disney-Pixar movie The Incredibles, which I had not had a chance to see. Although the showing was at noon, it was the very last one of its run here in town, so I was glad to finally catch this movie before it disappeared.

I really enjoyed The Incredibles. It really was much darker than the other Pixar films, and the villain in this one was truly evil, but the film was still exciting in its own way. The animation was excellent, and there were quite a few funny lines.

After the movie, my sister and I had lunch at Fresh Choice, where we enjoyed many different types of salads and fresh breads. They had my favorites: Asian chicken salad and Waldorf salad. I also had this delightful pumpkin raisin muffin and Caesar salad. For dessert, I had some of their make-your-own triple-berry lemon shortcake and a brownie.

I went to the county library and used the computer and read a bit. I then went to the bookstore and leafed through some magazines. In the evening, I met up with my wonderful friends at Farmers Market, and we chatted and laughed at a table in Starbucks. We ended up staying there for about three hours, but it seemed to go by so quickly because I was having such a great time! It was good to catch up with everyone. I also ran into a bunch of other people because this is such a small town.

People started to leave as it got late, so the few of us who remained went with me to Barnes and Noble, where I got the latest issue of Disney Magazine as well as a present for my sister. We then drove to a friend's house, where a gingerbread surf shack was being built. We watched as the structure was being created, and it looked really great. We then played a cool mind game involving dice. I think I fell asleep sometime during that because I was so exhausted, but it was such a fun day. I always wish I could spend more time with friends like that.

On Friday, I was generally unproductive, spending most of my time playing video games, going online, and listening to music. At some point, I went to the supermarket to get some cooking ingredients for Christmas. I also wore my Mickey Mouse Santa hat! I love wearing that hat; it makes me so cheerful!

Sometime in the evening, I made my traditional double-layer pumpkin pie. This time, I made the cheesecake part a little thicker. Yay! I can't wait to eat it.

Today is Christmas! It's also my birthday. Yay! I am now 20 years old. Yikes! I feel so old already. It's been a great day so far; I got up early and had breakfast. Then I watched some television and played some video games. Now, I am helping prepare our big dinner and listening to holiday tunes! Later, we will open presents and have cake! Oh, Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year!

:: SL 1:44 PM [+] ::
...

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?