:: Pedantic Platitudes ::

Greetings! My name is Sam J and I am a student at Harvard University. Perhaps this blog will present a little look into the mundane yet unique events that make up my life.
:: welcome to Pedantic Platitudes :: bloghome | photos | contact ::
:: The Gift Ideas Blog - Gifts, Gift Ideas, Gift Baskets, Christmas Gifts, more! [>]
:: Mickeypedia - The Disney Encyclopedia! [>]
:: Idiot Celebrities - a blog about celebrity rumors and gossip [>]
:: The Disney Review [>]
:: Get a free Photo iPod! [>]
:: The Disneyland Report - Disney News and Secrets [>]
:: MySpace [>]
:: Google News [>]
:: Harvard University [>]
:: The Rainforest Site [>]
:: A Birdseye View of My Life [>]
:: Greetings from the Deep South [>]
:: In the mind of a conflicted mad man [>]
:: PiscesDreams.com [>]
:: Alex Ho's LiveJournal [>]
:: Harvard Blogs [>]
:: MBHS 2002 Yahoo Group [>]

:: Thursday, December 23, 2004 ::

On Tuesday, I cleaned up my room and got ready to go home for the holidays. I had dinner with some friends at the dining hall, which was somewhat empty because so many people had already left to go home. I later ran some errands in the square and returned some library books. I also got some bubble tea, which I haven't had in three weeks! I got the honeydew flavor this time. So good!

Later, I joined some of my friends to watch the movie Oceans 11. However, my friend and I left early because we were going to see the midnight showing of the new movie adaptation of the classic musical The Phantom of the Opera.

I was glad that I had just seen the musical live over Thanksgiving break, so I could compare and contrast it with the movie version. The movie stuck pretty closely to the show; all the famous songs such as "Music of the Night," "Wishing You Were Somehow Here Again," and the title song were performed, and there was the famous chandelier crashing down, too. The movie was a lot more lavish with its sets and there seemed to be a lot more dancing, but it seems a lot less magical because it wasn't all onstage. The scene changes and special effects seemed a lot more amazing when they occur live. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the movie and wouldn't mind seeing it again.

After the movie, we took the taxi back to school, where I finished my last-minute packing and headed out on the T to the airport, where my flight home left at 8 a.m. At the airport, I ran into a great friend, and we got to chat for a bit. I got to sleep a bit on the six-hour flight. However, there was a kid a couple rows back who wondered loudly what would happen if we crashed into the water we were flying over. Great. Just what I want to hear when I'm on an airplane that is experiencing turbulence.

Well, I got into Los Angeles alright, and I was supposed to still fly to San Jose and then to San Luis Obispo, but I got lucky and got a standby seat direct to San Luis Obispo from LAX. I got home at about 2 p.m. My parents had to buy some things, so we went to Sears and Smart & Final. At Sears, I ran into an friend from high school, and we had a nice chat.

I finally got home, and I watched a bit of the animated movie Anastasia, and then ate some dinner. I was going to have a more productive evening, but I was so tired I just went to bed.

:: SL 4:18 PM [+] ::

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?